Dear Reader

I pray that my blogs are an inspiration to you. If you have any thought on your mind or request to know a thought of mine, please feel welcome to ask and make comments. We learn from one another, surely there's a valuable tid-bit of knowledge waiting to be exchanged.

God Bless you!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

All It Takes is a Made Up Mind

It's been so long since I have written:
a poem, blog or even a song.
Many thoughts shut in my mind,
and wonderment of my sanity occupied me.
As a child I wrote ---even before I could spell well---
I wrote to release anger and pain.
I rhymed and created metaphors for my hurt and my shames.
How incredible it is to look back and see..
Oh, how long I let my pen roll away from me.
I was filled with poetic words,
being once told of my Godmother
"you speak in poem."
It was my language, it was my dream....
in a way, it was my peace of mind
a friend in the needed times.
Poetry, I have missed you.
The beauty of words,
allowed me to find beauty in myself, in life and in those around me.
The sweetness of expressed love enlightened me--
intrigued me.
It's been so long since I have written
for fun, for pleasure, for ME!
All it takes is a made up mind....
I feel my hands warming and my mind rushing....
this is joyful, this is what I love!
My passion...was never lost just set aside.
Piles of journals, books of inspiration and the people I love....
I see each everyday and continuously said to myself
"I will write again for you."
I realize those things and those people were really telling me...
"Pick up the pen for you."
All it takes is a made up mine....
My passion has not burned out...
it cried out for fuel (a made up mind).

No comments:

Post a Comment